The process of production is only completed when the manufactured products reach the consumers, whether it’s the retail traders or the final consumers. This transportation process is called Distribution. Distributors act as an intermediary between the manufacturers and retailers. These retailers may be convenience stores, restaurants, grocers, and pharmaceutical stores.
The goal of efficient distribution is to ensure that customers are content, and happy by ensuring that customers have access to a large variety of products, speedy delivery of these products and services, and access to products at the best possible prices.
A larger percentage of convenience stores are located in the United States of America, this is why there’s a considerable number of distribution companies in the USA. These distributors assist producers by providing storage and transport facilities for a variety of convenience store products.
Companies offering distribution services in the USA include:
1. Core-mark: Core-mark has been identified among the largest distribution companies in the United States of America. Having started its operation in 1888, Core-mark offers services to over 29,000 retailers in the United States of America and other countries like Canada. They have secured customers’ loyalty and trust because of their great pricing and speedy delivery time.
2. Mclane: McLane is listed among the Top 5 distributors in the country. Established in 1894, McLane concentrates on the distribution of grocery, pharmaceutical products, drinks, and food products. By storing and distributing over 50,000 variety of consumer products, they deliver to about 90,000 retail traders in the country.
3. Eby-Brown Company Corporation: This distribution company focuses on the distribution of tobacco, snacks, candy, and other convenience store products. Eby-Brown has been in existence for over 120 years and is currently also involved in the manufacture of some consumer products such as sandwiches.
4. H.T. Hackney Corporation: H.T. Hackney focuses on not just providing distribution services but provide community charity services and other services. This has been one of the ways it has gained customer trust and respect over the years. H.T. Hackney was established in 1891 and currently has distribution location in 22 states in the country, distributing products to over 30,000 retail shops.
5. Farner-Bocken Company: This distribution company carries out storage and distribution of over 12,000 products. It was founded in 1939 and offers the distribution of a variety of products such as frozen meats, dairy, dry goods, appetizers, snacks, confectionery, toilet supplies, and others.
These distributors have shown great success in catering to customer needs by providing good solutions to customer needs promptly. They’ve become the go-to choice for American based manufacturers.