Distribution companies are continually trying to improve distribution services through providing competitive pricing, timely delivery of goods, great customer relationship, variety of products and expanding distribution channels.
There are many methods used in determining the best distributors in the country. However certain factors are looked out for in their method of operation.
Some of these factors are:
• Marketing Strategy: The ability of a distributor to push products into the market is very important. It ensures products get to retailers. Efficient Distribution revolves around sufficient marketing; thus, distributors employ various marketing mediums to promote products.
• Sales Record: The sales history of a distributor shows whether or not that distribution company is recognized in the market. It reveals the ability of a distributor to increase purchase of a product.
• Product variety: Convenience stores stock a wide variety of consumer products and are more likely to go for distribution companies that can provide these variety. Distributors strive to store large amount of consumer products to ensure these products are constantly available.
• Experience and knowledge about the market: The distribution industry is constantly evolving; different trends are coming up that’s affecting how various operations are carried out. Distributors must be able to adjust to these trends to stay in business and this requires a proper knowledge of the consumer market.
• Growth capability and Technological improvement: Technological advancement is taking over the world and Distribution companies must not be left out. Distributors must be able to improve their processes by employing various technology into their operations. This makes the operations faster and easier.
• Nature of management: This has to do with the ability of a distributor to manage finances, make required payments, manage resources properly, manage product prices and enjoy financial stability of the business.
• Level of employee qualification and training: The employees and workers make up the distribution company. Even with the introduction of automation many processes, workers must be in place to monitor these processes. These employees must therefore be skilled and properly trained to carry out these operations.
• Commitment and business practices: Over the years, there has been distribution company involved in various community outreach in an effort to provide support for communities. Distribution companies must be committed to providing quality services to retailers. They must be able to cultivate confidence and reliance in the consumers.
Most of the Top distributors have exceled in ensuring in ensuring these factors are in place and have continued to maintain their status as leading distributors in the industry, some of these distributors include:
- Core-Mark Incorporated
- Eby-Brown Company
- H.T. Hackney Company
- GSC Enterprises, Incorporated
- Farner-Bocken Company
- Harold Levinson Associates, Incorporated
- Imperial Trading Company
- Amcon Distributing Company
- S. Abraham & Sons Incorporated
- Chambers & Owen, Incorporated
- Liberty USA Incorporated
- Garber Bros., Incorporated
- J.T. Davenport & Sons, Incorporated
- Cooper Booth Wholesale Company
- Atlantic Dominion Distributors
- Indian Nation Wholesale