Some of the most eminent distribution companies are located in the United States of America. Most of these distribution companies have been in operation for decades and have evolved into multimillion-dollar companies. They continue to develop with regards to technological advancements, storage, and transport facilities as well as marketing strategies.
Some manufacturers prefer to establish direct distribution links with retailers as certain retailers prefer dealing with the manufacturers. However largescale retailers and chain retail traders prefer dealing with a particular distributor that can offer them the variety of products they require. As a manufacturer reaching these retailers may pose some challenges without utilizing the proper distribution channel.
Certain distributors have shown distinguishing structures and features that have earned them the status of being ranked as the largest distributors in the USA. The Top 5 largest distributors are:
- CORE-MARK INCORPORATED, SAN FRANCISCO: Core-Mark has been ranked as the largest distributor in North America and over the years has maintained their status among the top distributors in the country. Its great prices and speedy delivery of products has helped in establishing a good customer relation thereby increasing their distribution channels. Having been in operations for over 130 years, Core-mark has gained a good level of experience in the distribution industry.
- MCLANE COMPANY INCORPORATED TEMPLE: McLane has over 80 distribution locations in the country. Despite a large number of customers, it offers great product prices to customers and ensures the timely delivery of products. McLane has been involved in various charity services to communities around it for decades and provides its workers with various training practices.
- H.T. HACKNEY COMPANY, KNOXVILLE: HT Hackney has a distribution channel that covers about 22 states in the country, this enables them to reach different markets in various regions. It is focused on providing quality and reliable services to ensure that customers remain satisfied. They offer competitive pricing for products and have continued to grow by implementing various technological innovations into their operations to make the process of product delivery faster and safer. HT Hackney also carryout community charity activities to support communities around their distribution locations.
- EBY-BROWN COMPANY, NAPERVILLE: Eby-Brown distribution company is a family-owned private company that owns 1,433,000 Square Feet Warehouse for storage of consumer products. Eby-Brown has been in operations for over 120 years and currently has about 2,000 employees working at the distribution company. This distribution company takes pride in providing topnotch customer services. This has led to their $4.5 Billion from yearly sales.
- GSC ENTERPRISES INCORPORATED, SULPHUR SPRINGS: GSC has been providing manufacturers with distribution services since 1947. Although it originally began as a grocery store, it has experienced major expansions and currently has 400,000 square feet available space warehousing facility. GSC enterprise has gained the loyalty of its customer and has enjoyed a very satisfied customer relationship.
These distributors concentrate on making sure that retailers and consumers get the essential products at the promised time.